Holme Pierrepont Open Water Swimming
OUR BEAUTIFUL LAKE AT HOLME PIERREPONT IS OPEN FOR THE 2021 SEASON
Our very popular Open Water Swimming sessions are up and running. The season will last, hopefully, until the end of October (weather permitting).
We look forward to welcoming you to swim in the clear water of the lake, the peaceful solitude that the water brings, the regal heron sitting on her favourite log, the honk of the geese as they fly over in formation, not to mention the amazing sunsets……and all of this with the comfort that you are under the watchful eye of our professional water-safety team who accompany you on the water in their kayaks. Whether you are a keen open-water swimmer or dipping your toe for the first time, our friendly team can’t wait to welcome you at lakeside.
If you’re new to Open Water Swimming, why not read our recent article “Our top 6 tips to start open water swimming”
We do expect everyone attending these sessions to be a competent and confident swimmer but this does not mean that you have to be fast. We welcome swimmers of all standards and ages to enjoy our beautiful lake, from professional triathletes, to channel swimmers and members of the British swimming program, to those who simply wish to take in the peace and beauty of the lake and let the calming waters wash away their worries and concerns.
We recognise that many of you will be keen to swim in the lake as early as possible, but may not be used to the temperature of open-water swimming. Please read through the Pre-Swim information guide including advice on cold water swimming HERE
- Location: Holme Pierrepont, Holme Ln, Nottingham, NG12 2LD
- Session times : Sessions from 12th May; Mondays & Thursdays 5:30pm – 7:30pm; Wednesday 2-4pm; and Saturdays & Sundays 7:30am – 9:30am. Registration opens 10 minutes before each session.
You can swim for as long as you want within the session time, so if you are training for a long-distance challenge, feel free to stay in for longer.
- Distances: We will have laps ranging from 100m to 1km open, depending on the water and air temperature.
- Minimum Age: The sessions are open to under 16’s who must also be confident swimmers. Under 12’s must be accompanied at all times in the water by an adult from the same household. All swimmers between 12-16 yrs will be asked to do a monitored 150m loop on their first session. Once accredited in this way they will be allowed to swim the longer laps on their own.
- Prices: £6.50 per session. You can swim for all or part of a session.
This year we want to reward our regular swimmers, so we are introducing an ATW loyalty card – collect 10 stamps and get your next swim free. Collect your loyalty card at lakeside on your first swim.
- Event Cancellation Policy: We want you to book with confidence so, if your session(s) can no longer go ahead, you will receive a refund of your entry fee, or a transfer to an alternative session. (Booking fees are non-refundable)
- Transfers & Refunds: If you are not able to attend your session(s) we will transfer you to an alternative session on the condition that you email firstname.lastname@example.org with a minimum of 48hrs notice before your session starts. You will not be able to transfer between sessions without a minimum of 48hrs notice.
- Covid 19: ActiveTrainingWorld want everyone to enjoy these open water swimming sessions safely and therefore we require everyone to adhere to our strict social distancing rules when attending the sessions. Anyone found to be flaunting the rules will be instantly banned from all future ATW open water swimming sessions.
- Additional Fees: None
- Event Organiser: Active Training World
- Organiser Email: email@example.com