Luton Hoo Open Water Swimming
THIS VENUE IS NOW CLOSED FOR THE 2021 SEASON
Luton Hoo is a 5-star luxury spa hotel on the border of Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire, with easy access off the M1 and the main trainlines from London and Cambridge. This ultimate country resort is set in more than 1,000 acres and in addition to the golf course, spa and country club, the venue is home to one of the regions hidden gems for open-water swimming.
Active Training World are honoured to bring you access to this private venue as part of its portfolio of magnificent Swim venues. The lake, formed by the River Lea and set in the valley overlooked by the stately home, boasts a 1km swim lap as well as shorter loops including a 150m loop for beginners.
As with all Active Training World’s Swim venues, you can enjoy the peaceful solitude that the water brings, safe in the knowledge that you are under the watchful eye of our professional water-safety team who accompany you on the water in their kayaks. Whether you are a regular open-water swimmer or dipping your toe for the first time, our friendly team can’t wait to welcome you at lakeside.
If you’re new to Open Water Swimming, why not read our recent article “Our top 6 tips to start open water swimming”
We do expect everyone attending these sessions to be a competent and confident swimmer but this does not mean that you have to be fast. We welcome swimmers of all standards and ages to enjoy our beautiful lake, from professional triathletes, to channel swimmers and members of the British swimming program, to those who simply wish to take in the peace and beauty of the lake and let the calming waters wash away their worries and concerns.
- Location: Luton Hoo Hotel, Luton Road, LU1 3TQ. Entrance to the venue is from the A1081, follow signs to the Open Water Swimming (what3words location of entrance to lakeside ///lots.yarn.behind)
- Session times : This venue is now closed for the 2021 season
Sessions may be subject to change based on demand.
Registration opens 15 minutes before each session.
You can swim for as long as you want within the session time, so if you are training for a long-distance challenge, feel free to stay in for longer.
- Distances: The lake will have three laps available ranging from 150m to 1km.
- Minimum Age: The sessions are open to under 16’s who must also be confident swimmers. Under 16’s will only be allowed to complete the longer laps with specific permission from the lakeside staff. Under 12’s must be accompanied at all times in the water by an adult from the same household. All swimmers between 12-16 yrs will be asked to do a monitored 150m loop on their first session. Once accredited in this way they will be allowed to swim the longer laps on their own.
- Prices: £8 per session. You can swim for all or part of a session.
We want to reward our regular swimmers, so we are introducing an ATW loyalty card – collect 10 stamps and get your next swim free. Collect your loyalty card at lakeside on your first swim. Stamps for the loyalty card can be collected at any of our Swim venues.
- Event Cancellation Policy: We want you to book with confidence so, if your session(s) can no longer go ahead, you will receive a refund of your entry fee, or a transfer to alternative session. (Booking fees are non-refundable)
- Transfers & Refunds: If you are not able to attend your session(s) we will transfer you to an alternative session on the condition that we are told with a minimum of 48hrs notice before your session starts. You will not be able to transfer between sessions without a minimum of 48hrs notice.
- Covid 19: ActiveTrainingWorld want everyone to enjoy these open water swimming sessions safely and therefore we require everyone to adhere to our social distancing guidelines when attending the sessions. Anyone found to be flaunting the rules will be requested to leave the venue and banned from all future ATW open water swimming sessions.
- Additional Fees: None
- Event Organiser: Active Training World
- Organiser Email: firstname.lastname@example.org