MTS Open Water Swimming
THE 2022 SEASON STARTS ON SATURDAY 16TH APRIL
If you swam with us last year you will have experienced the clear blue water of the lake, the peaceful solitude that the water brings, the regal heron sitting on her favourite log, the honk of the geese as they fly over in formation, not to mention the amazing sunsets……and all of this with the comfort that you are under the watchful eye of our professional water-safety team who accompany you on the water in their kayaks. Whether you are returning in 2021 or dipping your toe for the first time, our friendly team can’t wait to welcome you at lakeside.
If you’re new to Open Water Swimming, why not read our recent article “Our top 6 tips to start open water swimming”
We do expect everyone attending these sessions to be a competent and confident swimmer but this does not mean that you have to be fast. We welcome swimmers of all standards and ages to enjoy our beautiful lake, from professional triathletes, to channel swimmers and members of the British swimming program, to those who simply wish to take in the peace and beauty of the lake and let the calming waters wash away their worries and concerns.
- Location: Merchant Taylors’ School, Sandy Lodge Road, Moor Park, Northwood, HA6 2HT
- Session times (these will change dependant on daylight hours available):
Registration opens 15 minutes before each session.
You can swim for as long as you want within the session time, so if you are training for a long-distance challenge, feel free to stay in for longer.
- Distances: We have 150m, 300m, 500m, 750m, and 1km laps open, so there really is something for everyone.
- Minimum Age: The sessions are open to under 16’s who must also be confident swimmers. Under 16’s will only be allowed to complete the 500m lap unless specific permission has been given by the lakeside staff. Under 12’s must be accompanied at all times in the water by an adult from the same household. All swimmers between 12-16 yrs will be asked to do a monitored 150m loop on their first session. Once accredited in this way they will be allowed to swim the 500m lap on their own.
- Facilities: Indoor toilets, male & female changing rooms & hot showers. Coffee van. Free parking.
- Prices: £8 per session. You can swim for all or part of a session.
This year we want to reward our regular swimmers, so we are introducing an ATW loyalty card – collect 10 stamps and get your next swim free. Collect your loyalty card at lakeside on your first swim.
- Event Cancellation Policy: We want you to book with confidence so, if your session(s) can no longer go ahead, you will receive a refund of your entry fee, or a transfer to alternative session. (Booking fees are non-refundable)
- Transfers & Refunds: If you are not able to attend your session(s) we will transfer you to an alternative session on the condition that we are told with a minimum of 48hrs notice before your session starts. You will not be able to transfer between sessions without a minimum of 48hrs notice. Refunds will be given in the event of illness, injury, family bereavement as long as suitable proof is given e.g. doctor’s note etc.
- Additional Fees: None
- Event Organiser: Active Swim World
- Facebook page: click here
- Organiser Email: click here